Friday, December 9, 2011

Mini Post of the Week

My friend Danielle turned the big 3-0 this week and I thought I would make her a something that would keep her feeling young and continue her stylish ways :)

I did a post a few weeks about about cowls and neck warmers. I did not post this pattern but I will now because I really like it and very easy to make!


You can wear it casual.















Or you can put a ribbon on it when you go out at night (this picture doesn't do it justice).

Here is how to make this awesome cowl!

Yarn I used it Jiffy Lion Brand Yarn
Color: Dark Grey Heather
Bulky (5)
Hook Size 9mm
NW 85g
135 Yards.

Chain 54 and sl st first and last st to make a big circle.
Round 1: Chain 3 (counts as your first dc), dc around until you reach your first dc, sl st first dc.
Round 2 &3: Repeat round 1
Round 4: chain 3, *dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc tog* until the last 18 sts. dc the rest until the end, sl st at first dc. This make the bottom part a little wider than the top so it will fan out a little more on the bottom.
Round 5-15 Repeat round 1. sl st at first dc and fasten off and making sure to weave in the ends.


If you have any questions about my pattern, let me know.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment