Monday, December 12, 2011

Making Your Own Pillow

What I like about this concept is 1) You customize it to however you like 2) It is cheap 3) Making a new one for another season is really easy and again, cheap 4) You get the satisfaction of creating a style for your home!


Link
This awesome pillow is on etsy.com and being sold for $50 by craftaria (click on the name if you just want to buy it instead. No judgements here!). Even though I think it is totally worth that, it inspires me to make my own! After searching a little while for something like this, I stumbled upon a video on youtube.com that Mickey does. I have not made his pattern but I watched for a while and it looked easy and he seems to explain everything very clearly.

Moving on...

The round above I love but I couldn't find the source for it. The round one I found below is super cute and is a free pattern thanks to Sarah from ballhanknskein.blogspot.com! I think it will do just fine in my house (I would definitely do it in mustard yellow)!



Crochet applique is a fun way to show you personality. This Statue of Liberty pillow I found on redheart.com and you can download the pattern here. I think for Ethan's room I might figure out how to make a paper airplane applique (if that is possible...) and make him a pillow or two for his bed.


Embellishing can also be simple and make a pillow stand out. I love color but am also afraid of it so this is probably a good way to add a pop of color and if you don't like it or get bored of it , just pop it right off!

Here is a flower pattern to help you get started from Julie at SkaMama's Bone Hook: 5-Petal Flower























Lace pillows are again, from redheart.com (I am sure you are catching on that I heart redheart). Download the pattern here. To the one on the right with all the flowers on it, there is not a specific pattern for this but you can put whatever kind of flower you like on a pillow.


Places like world market and pier one are selling these but you could totally make this yourself. Tristin and Sharon over at twogirlsbeingcratfty shared a tutorial on how to make this awesome rose pillow!


Since all of these patterns are free, there will not be a pattern of the week. I hope this has inspired you as much as it has me!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment