Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pouf What?

So there are 3 different definitions to the word pouf

1. A woman's hairstyle popular in the 18th century, characterized by high rolled puffs.
2. A part of a garment, such as a dress, that is gathered into a puff.
3. A rounded ottoman.

Although all of them are still in style...


hair pouf
via

flower pouf dress

This post is about the ottoman pouf. These things are so cool! They not only add so much style to your room but people can actually sit on them!

I have a lot of people over all the time and even though we can fit quite a few people on our L-shape couch, it is just not enough. This is my solution for more seating.

via
This one I am going to be making this week (look for my mini post later on). Here is the pattern for this on pickles.no

drawstring pouf
I can't imagine this would be too hard to crochet instead of knit...

pouf cover
So I went to Ikea not that long ago thinking I would get one of these poufs I saw in the magazine...They were so uncomfortable and stiff! I didn't think I could do something like this with them!

via
These are knitted and very pricy but if you click the link they show you how to make a similar one for a lot less!


via
This is not a pouf but it is a really cool idea for a round ugly stool you might have. It would be perfect for a small outdoor space.


Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment