Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chevron Afghan That is Taking A Lot Longer Than I Thought...

So I saw this pattern on youtube.com and said to myself "That looks easy, you can do that!". Yes, it is a pretty simple pattern (looks harder than it is) but it is VERY time consuming. I am about half way done with it. I think the hardest part it just switching out the colors. I am glad I decided on only 3 instead of the original 4 I was going to do!


About this pattern:
In the video, the person was not really following a certain pattern but made one up themselves. I made 130 chains equaling about the width of a twin size blanket. The first row was the hardest but by the third row I got the hang of it. If you would like the pattern I am using for this, let me know and I will write up a pattern (as best I can).


The yarn I am using for this is Vanna's choice by Lion Brand Yarn and the colors are mustard yellow, beige and barley.

Weight Category: 4 - Medium: Worsted-weight, Afghan, Aran Yarn
Solids: 3.5 oz (100 g), 170 yards (156 m)
100% Premium Acryl

The needle size I am using is K- 6.5 mm. I think the recommended for this yarn is a J- 6 mm hook but I really like the look of this size better for this particular afghan.

No comments:

Post a Comment